Monday, December 13, 2010

11 Things My life doesn't need in 2011

What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

1. Being bound by regrets I no longer wish to live my life bound up in regrets ... what's passed is passed and I can't change it so I'm going to live present in the present.

2. Greys and beiges Enough already I want to live a life filled with color and wonder. So I will be wearing brightly colored clothes, the pictures on the wall will be more than a little eyecatching, the tablecloths will be sporting reds and oranges and electric blue and hot pink.

3. Excuses and procrastination What a waste of time! I want to live this year doing fun stuff- so whatever is required of me (you know the part about being a grown up)the must be dones, I'll do it and get on to other things that I want to do.

4. Fear - I am creative and fun and the fact that I am a bit past the age of invincibility doesn't mean that I should be held back by fears - I'll just jump out there and do whatever it is that intrigues me.

6. I'll borrow Susannah Conway's "I no longer need to listen to the voice that tells me nothing I do is ever good enough"

7. Connectivity - I spend far too much time on facebook, twitter and wandering around the internet - it totally stifles my creativity and my ability to get things done so in 2011 I will be less connected

8. Being indoors - I want to spend alot more time outside, although we get a good amount of it now there are lots of days that I look outside and think what am I doing sitting in here when its so beautiful out there.

9. Late starts and dragging around - To quote The Flylady I want to be "Dressed to My Shoes" first thing in the morning (or pretty close to then)so I can get on with whatever it is I want to do for the day.

10. Less stuff more space - I just don't need to keep those things that I don't love/wear/need ... so why are they cluttering up my space?

11. Crankiness/depression - I don't need it so I will choose to be the girl in the rose colored glasses ;D

No comments: